Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card messed up?

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Oh I have a terrible problem! Just can NOT live with it! I have no problems any other time moving images - click and drag - around on a screen. The image moves and leaves no ghost imaging behind. However - and here is the BIG problem - in a MOST important program I have ghosting, images being left behind as I move images around on the screen. They will NOT go away. I can grab one image and "paint" the entire screen with ghosting (repeating images) of that image. Like I said, I have NOT seen this problem in any other program. Now, if I hide, or enlarge the screen the ghosting goes away. I really need help solving this. It REALLY slows things down as I have to keep enlarging and shrinking the screen. I have enough trouble trying to win Solitare without these other problems! Only in Solitare!

I appreciate your advice.

bamakodaker

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
If Solitare is an installed program have you tried un-installing and re-installing? You should be able to do this fron Add/Remove

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Check to make sure you have allotted enough memory for the video. This allottment may be in the BIOS, the video card settings and the Display settings under Advanced.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
This is not a program that can be Added or Removed, it doesn't show up. The best I know, the settings in Advanced are for Game settings, fastest refresh available. I don't know how to get to BIOS settings. This was a problem that popped up recently. It work correctly earlier. Some update or something else must have changed something. Man, when my wife finds out about this . . . . I'm in trouble! Any other suggestions?

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
SECOND POST to follow above post - -
Well, I did get into some Computer Setup where I noticed my PCI VGA Snoop was Disabled - if that means anything.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
:) Ahhhh the fates have smiled upon me! Don't know what happened but somewhere in there the problem cleared itself up! :tazz: My wife (and myself) can play Solitaire without herds of ghosts!