Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway/Intel 440 BX Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

DLH4444

DLH4444

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Evening Folks,

I am trying to put together a computer using an old Gateway 440BX Motherboard. This is suppose to be a Pentium II motherboard (the processor I was using in it was a Pentium II 450MHz). The only problem is that either Intel or Gateway had modified the board as far as the Front Panel connections (for the power switch, Power LED, etc.). Most Intel board has a single row of berg connectors along the front edge for the individual connectors to slide over. On this particular board, that set of Berg Pins has been re-arranged into a set of Berg Pins, 2 X 8 pins arrangement. This was supposedly done so that Gateway could use a single connector for the front panel instead of the generic individual ones. The problem I have is this, I am using a Generic Case so I have the individual connectors but I remember seeing somewheres on the net the pin outs for the Gateway connector. I have looked on Gateways Website (no Luck) and I have also googled it and again no luck.

If anyone knows what the pin out is or knows where I can find it - it would be greatly appreciated :tazz:

Thanks In Advance

Advertisements