Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Feedback problem caused by monitor HELP!

• Please log in to reply

sexy0006

sexy0006

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I have a turtle beach santa cruz sound card and my computer is a dell dimension 4300. Now what I want to do is hook up my stereo receiver to my computer to play music through the stereo. I use the stereo plug to phono plug cord and there is feedback in the speakers. Now I bought a better cord that was sheilded and there is still feedback so I tried moving the sound card away from the other card to decrease interference. Well the feedback was still there, so I started unplugging stuff. I tried using different power cord for my computer and making sure everything is grounded. Still getting feedback. So the next wire that I unplug is my computer monitor. The feedback goes away. So problem fixed my monitor is old just need a newer model. Well I tried my roomates flatscreen monitor that is a month old. Feedback is still there when i try the new monitor. So I unplug the new monitor and plug my old one back in and of course my next guess is the video card. So I am unplugging everything so I can open up my computer. Well I unplug my monitor and I don't know why but I just press the plug to the metal on the back of my computer and THE FEEDBACK IS THERE AGAIN. I don't know how to get this feedback to go away! This makes no since to me PLEASE HELP

sidenote i get this feedback even when the computer is off the monitor plug just has to touch the computer metal and the feedback is still there.

Advertisements