Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

microsoft system manager bios problem

• Please log in to reply

marco29

marco29

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,

Since a couple of days I'm battling with my windows XP SP2 OP system and I've not been able to solve my problems. Maybe someone out there can give me some advice.

It all started when I triied to acces my computer one day and at each log on the OP system automaticaly logged me off, the desktop never had time to appear. Therefore I no longer had access to my computer.

The solution I found to this problem was to repair windows XP. During the repair I had a message saying my graphics card (Radeon 9600) did not pass the microsoft certification blabla... but I went foward with its installation.

After the repair being over the start-up of my pc is very slow and I have no possibility to access my internet connection. When I tried to install my modem again, the drivers get installed correctly, but the final stage of the installation , reboot + connection configuration, never gets done cause the window saying "please restart your PC to complete the installation" appears after each reboot.

After this I concluded that I had obviously a serious problem so I had a look at the system device manager and saw I had a exlamation mark on the microsoft devis manager bios driver.

I decided to unistall it for it to be detected again and rebooted. When my computer hardware was detected again a window appeared and started flashing with a very strange noise coming from the computer. It never seam to find the drivers (I suppose !!)

There we go, if anyone has any advice or help then I would be very gratefull !!

Regards

Marc

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hola marco29,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Just so we can rule out malware, Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.