Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do get your news intake

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ok, usual situation where I come home and turn on the televiion around the hour for the news when I know they will quickly run through the titals of the main events, then it turns in the background, later I may go onto the Net and hit upon some topic that was in the news I have just heard from the television, also while at work I might glace though a newspaper but readingwise I tend to stick to the Economist magazine each Friday because I feel news without views is as bad views without news. Anyway, me explained, my question is what is your balance of news intake and has the computer taken a more prominant posision in that balance of late?

Personally I have a hunch that the computer is changing the way we deal with the news per say though the television will remain the main source though habit and ease.

Should I simplify the question here then, all comment welcome.

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Call me a fusspot, but I don't like reading newspapers 'cos the icky black moss always gets rubbed off on my fingers. That, plus the smell of the print makes me sneeze. So I generally get my news intake from magazines such as Time and Newsweek.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I can't imagine not having a newspaper in the morning- in fact, when I go camping, it is the only "civilized" thing I really miss. I also like Google News, especially when I'm trying to follow a complex busy story, like Katrina. The news on TV doesn't have much depth, and the magazines are slow. I cook supper with NPR's "All Things Considered" most days, and I will look things up that I heard about, later, on the computer.

Johanna

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nothing beats that big 6inch tall pile of newspaper on a sunday whe im bored google news is good. Tv in the mornings.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks I have never tried google news so now I will.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do the "funny pages" count as news?....i usually stay away from the news...that way i can exit conversations easier "hey did you see in the paper where that guy did that thing with the stuff"....no i don't watch/read the news/newspaper....go away please you smell like cabage..

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Sorry to tell ya,but they'll only tell you as much as you want to hear and keep that minimized at best.This comes from all sides,so I'm not trying to be anti/pro anything.And yes,it's always good to have some newspaper around when you're camping,if ya know what I mean.