Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Startup Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Exor_Ruination

Exor_Ruination

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this sounds like one of many threads saying "BF2 crashes to desktop, etc." However my problem is different. Yes I have checked that my pc has the minimum requirements, this is only a recent problem as BF2 ran totally fine until having moved to University. I sure that this problem is to do with the network as when I'm connected to it I start BF2 and it goes black - like normal but when it's supposed to display the legal information/trailers, it just stays black. I open task manager and it says that it's crashed. It's not my pc going slow as the cpu usuage is quite low (5-10%). However if I start BF2 whilst not connected to the network BF2 works fine. I use a proxy server to connect to the internet with a username and password.

Please help as I've spent hours on end trawling google and other search engines for answers to no avail. :tazz:

I am currently using the catalyst 5.6 drivers as I experienced major graphical issues with BF2 whilst using 5.7. I have also tried the omega drivers, but they produce the same graphical issues.

P.S. Does anyone know how to set up BF2 for use with a proxy?

:)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like your network has those ports blocked. by default most games don't support proxy setups.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
also the catylist 5.9 drivers are out. they have several fixes in these as well as the 5.8 drivers. I would give them a try.

gvn

gvn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, im goign to bump this thread cuz i got a problem when installing bf2.

Posted Image

Aint got no programs runing. my internet is fine

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
here are the instructions for a manual removal and reinstall:

1)problems installing, patching, ect may be solved by a manual uninstall of the game and a reintall.
How do you manually uninstall Battlefield 2?

How do you manually install the game if a normal installation does not work?

also have you installed the latest patch?

gvn

gvn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
that reply for me?

if so, no i havent, i bought the game a while ago and when i tryed to install it i got that error. so i decided to fuk it tho i seen those forums and posted here.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
qvn... yes that reply was for you. please watch your language. This is a family forum. please follow the instructions then let us know how it went.