Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 25510 in Win 98

• Please log in to reply

lynnwood3

lynnwood3

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am getting an error message nubmer 25510 when I try to load Front Page 2002 onto my computer with 98 SE. The message states that I need system file asycflit.dll version 2.404277.1 but when I search up the error message on the Microsoft site, all I can find is a fix for XP. I have succesfully loaded this program on another computer to see if there was an actual hardware prob or something else wrong.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

David

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi lynnwood3, Welcome to GTG !! :tazz:

See if Reading This !! will help !!

:)

Edited by Linkmaster, 21 September 2005 - 11:42 AM.

lynnwood3

lynnwood3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the reply. That link is where I went to already and if I understand correctly, the dll file that is outdated on my comp came from my OS disk, so using my original WIN 98SE disk won't help. Is that correct?

Thanks

David

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi lynnwood3,

asycfilt.dll is a system file and can be located here: C:\Windows/system (you may need to click on "show all files")

Check to see if it is there.

There is a version here that you can download: http://www.nodevice....ilt_dll/28.html (I am not sure if it is the version you requested though)

If you right click on the old version and label it asycfiltold.dll you could replace it with the downloaded version - if this doesn't do the job it is a simple matter to delete the download and rename the old versio with the correct filename again.

lynnwood3

lynnwood3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I will try that. Thanks for your time.

lynnwood3

lynnwood3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
That version is an older version. I loaded it any ways to try it...and the same mesage came up, so as of now, still no go on loading Frontpage 2002.

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
sorry to hear that - I will keep looking

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
This seems to be a later version (worth a try)
http://www.dlldump.c...0/download.html

or you could try here. (difficult to locate version requested)

http://www.dll-files....shtml?asycfilt

lynnwood3

lynnwood3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the continued search...I have been looking to. The second link that you gave did not work, that was for NT. The first one, dlldump, did. I had to go to the site and right click and save the target to my desktop...you did not get the chance to save it or open it.

I then dragged the file to my system folder, deleted the prior version adn viola (sp)...Front page is loaded. Thanks so much. The version that worked is 5.1...newer than what was required.

Front page works great.

Another great success story for geeks on the go.

Is there a link to geeks to go that we can place on our site? I will do that first thing.

Thanks so much.

David