Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need serious WinMx connexxion help....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wrongexit

wrongexit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently lost the ability to get a connection on WinMx....I had been having internet connection problems but got those taken care of and am online no problem...But I recently switched the internet cable to an Ethernet Connection cord instead of USB cord...The program was working fine even after the switch...Then I rebooted the PC and now I am unable to get any kind of connection with WinMx....I tried a secondary connection as well as making sure the firewall was configured properly...The previous problem with my internet connection was that the modem was sending the internet signal to the printer connection instead of the PC...That is now fixed and like I said I am online no problem....Just not sure what happened with WinMx to cause it to lose the ability to connect at all without any PC changes except for a reboot....Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
WinMx is a P2P sharing app, and we have recently stopped supporting problems with them as courts are begining to rule against them, and they are a primary source of all sorts of malware.

I believe we will soon have a sticky to that effect on most of the forums.

We'll be happy to try and help you with your other problems. Maybe you should contact support at WinMx.

Good luck,

Safe surfing

EMCguy :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
A EMCguy has said, WinMx is a P2P application, and G2G no longer provides a venue for support or discussion on P2P. There are plenty of other boards that will help, but this is not one of them.