Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphiccard doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

Emaly

Emaly

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well i just bought myself a new graphiccard because the one i had wasn't big enough so i bought at radeon 9550 3D because i knew that it would work because i earlier borrowed it from a friend and it worked as it should but now when i got my own and put it in my comp it didn't worked well my comp started up as ussual but the only problem was that my monitor didn't worked... it looks like it doesn't work together with the rest of my comp so i borrowed a monitor to see if it was that... :tazz: so do any of you have any idea of what's wrong with it ?? :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean by it didn't work? anything show up on the screen?

Emaly

Emaly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no nothing at all it was black !!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you install the drivers for the card

Have you checked the onboard graphics are not set to run

Emaly

Emaly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah but the problem ís that even the first time i tried to start up the computer the monitor didnt turn on, it acted like there was no cable in it, then i tried to put the cable in the onboard graphic-card the same thing happened, then i tried to run the computer with the old graphiccard and it started up nicely, then i thought i could install the new driver and then put in the new graphiccard but the installation wouldnt work... hope this clarifyes it

appriciate ur help so far, hope some1 have an idea of what is wrong.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You probably won't install the drivers unless the card is in the PC

If you install it again, make sure it is wired correctly

Emaly

Emaly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well the problem is that when i connect the card i cant get the monitor to show anything, i know that i have wired it correctly (tried several times, got the old to work and placed the new one in the same way).
But the problem is that i cant install the driver without the card in and i cant get anything on the monitor with the graphic card in so im pretty stuck here.

(tried with another card of same kind (Radeon 9550) and it worked perfectly, tried with another monitor and didnt work with the new graphic card, so can i assume that its the graphic card there is not working?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Obviously you know what to do to install the card, and as another one works, I would ask ATI to check this one

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you could try installing the new card and re-enabling the onboard card in bios....then install the driver for the new card...disable the onboard...and see if that works