Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

InstallShield problems

• Please log in to reply

shadeymonk

shadeymonk

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I'm trying to install a program for class and everytime I try to do it I get an error that says "1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime" Any advice?

Advertisements

U_D

U_D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I got this too, the only fix I found, was to repair windows xp, but it was a drastic measure. I wouldn't suggest it until after a couple of things don't work.

shadeymonk

shadeymonk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I tried googleing the error and seeing what people advise, i've had little luck

xgetchoo22

xgetchoo22

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am experiencing the same problem. Keith from Staff gave me this. It did not work for me but maybe itll work for you:
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, click disable all, click apply and reboot, tick do not start the configuration utility when windows loads

Try the installation, if the error box shows, close it then wait a few minutes to see if the installer continues

To return to normal start up, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter and put the dot in normal start up, click apply and reboot

If you figure it out could you please let me know. Thanks and good luck