Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to delete a program on comp.

• Please log in to reply

kelly209

kelly209

• Pip
  • 5 posts
About 5 months ago I installed a McAfee Virus-scan CD (2004 ver. 8.0) into my computer. At first, it was working fine, now it just won't work. I un-installed it and it cannot be found anywhere in my folders and desktop because I un-installed it. But once in a while a little box pops up saying that it found somethin suspicious in one of my folders as if its still there and that i haven't deleted the program. Every time I try to click the box it just disappears. One of my friends have told me that those McAfee CD's can cause many problems on peoples computers. So what can I do to totally eliminate this program from my comp.?

Advertisements

japes

japes

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
i know this topic is a few weeks old but did you ever resolve this problem. i have the same exact problem and don't know what to do. thanks

kelly209

kelly209

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sadly no...I haven't resolved this problem. I have no clue how to do it. I'm waiting for someone to help me. lol.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
If you click "Start", "Run", type services.msc and search for any McAffee related services in the list and right click them, click "Properties" and set the service to "disabled" and click "Stop", then "Apply" the changes and click ok. Reboot the computer and see if it keeps happening. Make sure to check "Add/Remove Programs" in "Control Panel" after that and make sure you uninstall everything related to McAffee, McAffee.com, McAffee Security, or anything McAffee related.

note: Be very careful in Services.msc, because the slightest wrong change to the services can cause serious problems. Just look for the McAffee ones.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

japes

japes

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for the reply, hopefully that will work