Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

workgroup access

• Please log in to reply

galec

galec

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I can see all my workgroup computers but cannot access my laptop from the other two. I get this message: \\laptop\xxxx is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator (me!!) of this server to find out if you have access permissions. not enough server storage is available to process this command. any thoughts on this?? the laptop is running norton firewall and the ips for the other two ARE in the trusted zone. the two trying to access are running norton on one and windows firewall on the other. All file/print sharing in on.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello galec and welcome to Geeks to Go,

I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you, in correctly setting up your File Share Home Network.

Please Answer the following questions:

1) What operating System's do you have on all PC's being connected to the File Share network, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example..XP SP1 or 2)?

2) What are the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless / Wired Adapter's currently Installed on all PC's being Included in this Network?

3) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Router, Switch, or Hub you are using?

4) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)

5) What antivirus programs do you have running?

6) What firewalls do you have running?

7) What pop-up blockers, Ad Blockers, and Malware detectors do you have running?

8) Do you have the ability to write to a blank floppy (IE.. a 3 1/2 drive [not a prerequisite just makes the setup a little easier])

9) What steps have you already taken to try and implement the File Share Ability for your network?

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-9 THOROUGHLY, TO HELP ME BETTER PROVIDE
YOU WITH A WALKTHROUGH ON HOW TO SETUP YOUR FILE SHARE NETWORK.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

I can see all my workgroup computers but cannot access my laptop from the other two. I get this message: \\laptop\xxxx is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator (me!!) of this server to find out if you have access permissions. not enough server storage is available to process this command. any thoughts on this?? the laptop is running norton firewall and the ips for the other two ARE in the trusted zone. the two trying to access are running norton on one and windows firewall on the other. All file/print sharing in on.

View Post

I have had this same problem on my home network. Suffice it to say networks are not perfect, and neither are the components. Sometimes within SECONDS of receiving this message saying the network not available or contact the admin (Me2), the system "magically" came back up. Here is how I fixed it:

I stopped using the "Windows Explorer" to search for ccomputers on my network
I started MAPPING NETWORK DRIVES (Using path to the share) to what I wanted to share

This will only work if you can ping everything in your network and you have file/print sharing enabled and still having problems.

Mapping network drives is the shiite.................... :tazz:

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
kd1966, yes i have some mapped. i tried mapping laptop from desktop and receive this error: the mapped network drive could not be created beacuse of this error: not enough storage is available to process this command.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
space cowboy 706
1. all xp2
2 & 3. all linksys: router wrt54g, pci wmp11, wireless wpc11
4. dhcp
5. antivirus: laptop/desktop1 norton, desktop2 mcaffe
6. firewall: laptop/desktop1 norton, desktop2 windows
7. popup: latptop/desktop1 netscape, desktop2 not sure could be aol
8. no malware
9. floppy: laptop maybe (works intermittently), desktop1 no (that's another issue!!), desktop2 yes
10. file and printer sharing enabled on folders and drives (right clicked for properties)

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Sorry so long on the reply Galec,

I only post on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Here is the solution to your problem that you are facing with the following error message:

"not enough storage is available to process this command"

Solution: Your network wizard has already been ran correctly, your firewalls and virus scanners are already configured correctly. Your drives are mapped correctly, but you have some incorrect settings in your registry concerning your "Paged Pool Size Parameter". Hers the link to the MS Knowledge base on how to correct this problem:

http://support.micro...com/kb/q126401/

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
i found that article but it applied to NT. the pagedpoolsize is 0 on all systems.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
i CAN access the laptop printer from the desktop.

livanel

livanel

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So what have you done to make it work? Did you change the pagedpoolsize to other values?