Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BloodhoundExploit6 Notification Stops My Start-Up

• Please log in to reply

mijol

mijol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I try to start-up my system I get the wall paper image but no desktop icons. A Symantec Anti-virus Notification then pops-up. The virus, BloodhoundExploit6, is quarantined so it is not a threat (from reading on-line I believe it may even be a false notice). If I close the notification, a new one pops up after about two minutes. No desk top icons appear so I can't get into my web-browser to go to any sites to help clean my system. I don't know what to do. I tried to turn off the Notice in the Task Manager but don't know which task it is. I was hoping that if I could boot in safe-mode maybe someone could guide me through either disabling the Notification or cleaning my system?

Advertisements