Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME & NDISWAN

• Please log in to reply

nickbar

nickbar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to install Tiscali Broadband on a computer running windows ME. I run up the install disk and follow it through ok until it tells me to plug in the modem to the USB port. When I do, windows tells me its installing the hardware for the new device but then comes up with a network error:-

ADSL Wan requires NDISWAN

Maybe not the exact wording but similiar. Needless to say that the install then fails at this point. I have reinstalled NDISWAM.INF to c:\windows\inf and I also have the NDISWAN.VXD file installed. Tiscali support people say I will have to reinstall my network. How do I do this? Do I need to do this??

Any help please.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Exactly how is your setup configured? Are you using a router or is it direct DSL?

In most installations winME has the complete installation files in a folder called INSTALL which is usually in C: but may be in Windows\options\ and you browse to that folder for any software or hardware installations. You may also have INSTALL on your cd-rom, depending on the computer mfr..

nickbar

nickbar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply Tyger.

Tiscali have sent a SAGEM modem and it is plugged via the USB port direct into the PC (direct DSL?)

I haven't had opportunity as yet to look for the INSTALL folder yet but will do ASAP. I take it that I'll be able to reinstall the network from there?

Many thanks

Flashtek-uk

Flashtek-uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same issue, tried to restore the .inf file IAW http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290996

Didn't work either...

Suggestions anyone ??