Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark 3300 Networked from XP to 98

• Please log in to reply

qwert231

qwert231

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the Lexmark X3350, an All-in-One hooked up via USB to my Win XP Home PC. I would love for my Win 98 box to be able to print to it over the network. I had an older Lexmark and I had no problem with this. Lexmark's tech support said there was no Cross OS driver compatability. Basically, they said I couldn't have the computers share it unless they were all the same OS.

Any ideas to work around this? I tried to create a generic printer connected to the USB port that I could share, but I can't get another printer driver to talk to the USB port.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try hooking the printer up to your 98 machine and then share it and try and see if you can add the printer on your XP machine.