Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problems

• Please log in to reply

Kales1134

Kales1134

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having problems with my Dell A940 printer. It was fine until last week when I accidentally unplugged it while it was on and then after that my computer wouldn't recognize my printer. It says that I don't have a printer installed. Then when I attempt to install it, it said something about my print spooler so I attempted to fix that and I think I did, but it still won't recognize my printer.

Advertisements

turquer

turquer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Let's try to make these steps. Firstly uninstall/remove the printer and its sotware from the system. Then insert the setup media to the cd rom drive, plug the printer and follow the setup instructions.That should help you to solve the problem
i think. :tazz:

Kales1134

Kales1134

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I think it was already removed because it doesn't appear under the printers and faxes tab. And when I restart my computer it says something about a file (convDIB.dll) that has been uninstalled and needs to be reinstalled. Then when I try to reinstall my printer a box saying the same thing pops up. I'm not sure that I have a cd for my printer.

speedman

speedman

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
call dell