Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP register

• Please log in to reply

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Then I suggest you contact whomever you purchased the XP cd from and give them the good news.. They sold you an invalid XP cd and if they don't cough up for a legitimate version, you will be more than happy to turn the cd you did get over to the Microsoft Anti-Piracy division..

Murray

Advertisements

tdats

tdats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
im writing an email to AG solutions where i bought it, replying to a order information email they sent me, anything else that i should write or mention in there

Dear AGSOLUTIONS

My name is Taras Dats and i hve purchased Windows XP form your website and i have a problem. I installed it and have been trying to register it but having troubles. This is the steps i have taken to register the Windows XP

-called the phone number 716 871 2929
- an automated machine answered the phone and asked me what i wanted to register windows xp
- i said yes, it asked if i had the screen open to register on my computer
- i said yes then the machine said to read of the Istalation ID wich was a really long number broken into 9 parts with about 6 numbers in each part, that was on my computer screen.
- i read the entire thing in sections
- once i finished the automated machine on the other side of the phone took about 1 minute and said that my Instalation ID was invalid, and it was not a valid product, to either reinstall or return the product.
- and then diconnected me from the phone

I have 3 days to register but this seems to be an "invalid windows" and i cannot register it. Please send me guidance on what to do as soon as possible, to resolve this problem. Contact me at [email protected]

thank you

tdats

tdats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
just browsing the microsoft piracy site like you mentioned above

http://www.microsoft...ws/default.mspx

should i try the scan ???? but if i didnt reister then it will say that i have an invalid windows, right?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Registration is different than activation.. Run the Validation Wizard and see it comes up with!!

BTW.. your mail to the supplier sounds just fine!!

Murray

tdats

tdats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Registration is different than activation..  Run the Validation Wizard and see it comes up with!!

BTW..  your mail to the supplier sounds just fine!!

Murray

View Post

Muray i would like to thank you for your help.

I am trying to contact my supplier, that i bought this cd from, but no responce. Both by email and phone. :tazz: i still continue though

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
No problem.. Let me know how it turns out!!

Murray

tdats

tdats

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
OMG why is this happening to me, i just want my computer to work, just for school and nothing else :)

now in 2 days if i dont register it i wont be able to turn the computer on?? windows wont let me log on? :tazz:

Edited by tdats, 04 October 2005 - 06:51 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
There is nothing we can do to help here.. Unless you can activate the install, it will shutdown until you do..

Murray