Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

when i start up my computer.....

• Please log in to reply

tjm62204

tjm62204

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i recently bought a dell dimension 4700 and when i start up my computer it always says"drive 3 not found" and then i have to hit F1 to get out and then computer boots up properly.its more annoying than anything but isnt really slowing down my computer(at least i dont think so)....can someone please advise me as to what to do if anything??? :tazz:

Advertisements

turquer

turquer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Lets look at the bios settings at computer. Switch on it at the black screen hit "del" button to enter the setup (or it may have another button configuration, just look out carefully it should write something like press ctrl+F1 to enter setup)(BIOS).

in the bios settings find the "auto detect the hard drives". it will find the ide drives plugged to your computer. after it has finished you must save it. On the exit menu of the bios there should be something like "save changes and exit" . save it then the system will restart.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
You should also check your boot.ini file to see if there was any previous installed OS.