Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

display settings problem?

• Please log in to reply

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Since I installed my new video card I have not been able to correctly view writing on some web pages. It is garbled and letters don't really look like letters, sorta partial letters and sometimes I can make out what it says, sometimes not. Not really a computer expert so I have no idea how to fix it. Do I have settings wrong? Don't know but I would appreciate any suggestions. TY :tazz:

Edited by cjh1221, 28 September 2005 - 11:46 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check you have the most recent drivers for the video card

Right click the desktop then click properties then settings, set the screen resolution to 1024 X 768 for 17 inch monitor, set the colour quality to its highest setting, click apply, reboot if prompted

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I recently did update my driver for my video card and when I set the resolution to 1024 x 768 all of the icons and writing are tiny and I can hardly see them. It's strange, I have no idea why this has happened. It came out of nowhere. I have not played with the settings since I installed and updated my new card and it had been fine until now. I dunno! Anyone have any ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Setting it to 800 x 600 would give bigger icons etc

Try increasing the colour quality to its highest

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
it is set at (Highest) 32 bit and I still am having a problem with it. Can anyone help?

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Well everyone I figured it out myself, finally! It was soooo simple. All I had to do was change the text size under view in IE (duh!) Sorry I wasted your time everyone. TY

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know