Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Privacy Settings

• Please log in to reply

Skaifey001

Skaifey001

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I recently found a problem with my Internet Options Privacy settings.

I have not been able to access hotmail, gmail or msn because it says I do not have cookies turned on. When I go into Internet Options my privacy setting is on custom which is not allowing cookies I think. I changed it to default settings which is medium and click apply. However it still said I did not have cookies turned on and when I went back into privacy settings it was on custom again. I have tried changing back to default many times but it just keeps returning to custom :tazz: . Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
On the 'Privacy' tab in Internet Options', click on the 'Advanced button. Tick "override automatic cookie handling". Set 'first party' cookies to 'Allow', set 'third-party' cookies to 'prompt', and tick the box for "Always allow session cookies'. Click 'OK' to save the new settings.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Sometimes you must click out of IE and restart it in order for new settings to take effect.

Johanna

Skaifey001

Skaifey001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried both suggestions before. I had to however replace wininet.dll recently as my one was infected so mayby that has something to do with it.

Skaifey001

Skaifey001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok solved the cookie problem with a new wininet.dll however I still have a problem signing into MSN. I click sign in and nothing happens.