Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleting nortons

• Please log in to reply

cybersurfer

cybersurfer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a pc that is not online,(won't be) windows 95, i tried deleting nortons because it's not needed, but now i get dialog boxes telling me to reinstall nortons. how do i suscessfully delete nortons? thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
There is usually more than one norton component to uninstall in Add/remove. There's the main Norton Antivirus, then Norton Firewall (if you installed that as well), plus there's Norton LiveUpdate and perhaps another one I can't remember the name of. Make sure you uninstall them all. Finally, check the Registry for any instances of Norton and delete them too. Safest way to do this instead of messing about with the Registry manually, is to download and install the free trial version of 'RegSupreme 1.3'. Run it and it will list all redundant Registry entries. Select them all then click 'Fix'. it's never let me down. The trial is fully working. it's so good you might decide to buy it.