Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help, Please. How to find mainboard mode?

• Please log in to reply

vitieubao

vitieubao

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everybody.

I have a old pc Pentium III 550 Mhz 256Mb SD ram , 15Gb HDD. I don't know what kind of this mainboard. Now I want to upgrade bios and chip set of mainboard to get it faster. How can i find mainboard type of my PC.

And one more thing. Every time I start PC. It alway show a message. "Test memory fail". I don't know how to fix this problem. Please teach me how to fix it.

Thank U very Much :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try this system info tool to get your mobo make/model:
http://www.hwinfo.com/

The error message seems to indicate one or more of the RAM modules is faulty. Can only be verified by swapping one module at a time with a known good RAM module until the error message no longer appears. I would strive to fix the RAM problem before proceeding with any upgrades or BIOS updates.

vitieubao

vitieubao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank U very Much pp2. I got everything I need.. thanks again

:ph34r: :ph34r: :tazz: :) :) :)

Try this system info tool to get your mobo make/model:
http://www.hwinfo.com/

The error message seems to indicate one or more of the RAM modules is faulty. Can only be verified by swapping one module at a time with a known good RAM module until the error message no longer appears. I would strive to fix the RAM problem before proceeding with any upgrades or BIOS updates.

View Post