Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios load up problem

• Please log in to reply

carrot dude

carrot dude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
New setup, amd 3200+ asus 8v motherboard

and once the bios set up loads, a message pops up saying there is a problem with the fast track controller, and the bios are not installed. It then goes to "start windwos normally/safe mode, etc." then i start windows normally, and the same thing happen...again and again. I tried clearing the bios and starting again, but the same thing continually happens, I disabelled the fast track controller, and that just told me i had no bios installed and the whole thing happened again

Advertisements

carrot dude

carrot dude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
little help!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

The fastrak controller is the raid controller, right? I've had a look through Asus's website but can't find anything on that particular problem.

Can you tell me though exactly what drives you have in the system (hard drives & optical drives) & which controllers they are conencted to :
i.e.
PRI_IDE
SEC_IDE
PRI_RAID (IDE)
SATA1
SATA2
SATA_RAID1
SATA_RAID2

Then can you go into the bios, look under the [advanced][onboard devices configuration] menu & tell me what the following settings are set to :
Onchip sata boot rom
onboard promise controller