Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Setup Internet through network

• Please log in to reply

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hello i knwo i came to the right place... i have two computers one is windows 98 and the other xp is there anyway i can get the internet working on the 98 one... by the way the 98 one has a printer and i can print fine from the xp to the printer but i cannot connect to the internet with 98

Advertisements

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I will azzume for this you are connected to the other computer via a desktop switch..............

If you want to connect BOTH computers to the internet, you will need to get a ROUTER, or Wireless Router, where the Router will allow both computers to "share" the internet through NAT

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
your windows 98 probably wont have a wireless card, you may need to install one.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I just re-read the original post; you said in the same sentence that you can connect to the internet with the 98 system, but that you cannot connect to the internet with the 98 system................. WHICH IS IT?