Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with WININET.dll!

• Please log in to reply

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
If you insist on a re-install then you don't need killdisk. Boot from the windows xp cd, when it asks you where to install put the drive you want to format/reinstall on. It will ask whether to format or not, choose quick format. Then it will install windows and (hopefully) we'll see you back here.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Ok But I am going to do a full format. How long would it take?

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
And can someone please tell me how long a KillDisk run take? Im just curious to know how long it is! If I have time I will do it!

Thanks

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
By the looks of killdisk, it will vary between hours and days. There is NO reason to do a full format except to maybe get a small few more mb.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Okay Thanks Days....? Depending on how may times to overwrite and the Degree right? Can I customize it so It will take less than 9 hours? Because I only have nine hours! Then I got to go for work!!

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Why do you want to killdisk it in the first place? Thee is simply no need.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Im donating this computer to a shop nearby they test their software and call it a test machine! They are pretty computer smart people! So just to make sure they wont come across my personal information! I have many personal information stored on this computer so just to be on the safe side!

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Ok, Game Freak.

There really is no way to be certain how long each pass will take, by advice would be to just set a high number of runs, and simply stop it when you come back from work/whenever you need to.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
But that will be like 12 hours later and I dont want the kids stuffing it up?