Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Freezing

• Please log in to reply

space_cow_boy

space_cow_boy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with burning CD's using Nero. I was using an older version but decided to upgrade to see if that would solve the problem but same thing keeps happening. As soon as I click 'Burn' the computer switches to the 'burning progress' screen and then freezes. Everything freezes, can't move mouse, can't open cd drive, can't even end task or restart computer. Only option is to turn power off and restart that way.

I recently moved the cd writer from a different computer and it's now only just experiencing these problems. Maybe it's something to do with the way I installed it? Pretty sure I didn't everything right, it wasn't too complicated.

I tried to run the 'test drive' function of nero but I received this error:

Error! LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE (052100)

I also tried to test the drive speed before burning, that worked fine, took about 4 minutes to test the speed, but as soon as it had finished that and tried to start burning it just froze up again, so I'm stuck with what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot guys.

Marc

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like you may have a bad cd burner. you might be able to update the fireware for it. I would look at the top of the cd burner and then see if you can find the firmware for the model you have.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Another thing is if you're using InCD try it without it, just open the application and run it. InCD seems to cause more problems than it solves. You might want to check for any Nero compatibility upgrades for your system.

space_cow_boy

space_cow_boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Cool thanks guys I will try both your suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes.

Marc

space_cow_boy

space_cow_boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys,

tried both suggestions, uninstalled InCD and downloaded latest firmware for the cd burner. However when I went to update the firmware version it just froze up on me again, just like when i try to burn a cd. I've tried everything, checked the pins on the IDE interface thing, everything looks fine, [bleep] thing just doesn't seem to want to have data sent to it. It reads cd's and everything, no problem reading at all, just writing.

It worked fine in my other computer, just started playing up as soon as I moved it to this one! If you've got any other suggestions that'd be awesome, thanks a lot.

Marc