Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

heatsink fan

• Please log in to reply

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
ok..so I was getting mad the my p4. the noise was unbearable. I had the case fan and a stock heatsink fan. I thought if I bought a new case fan, the noise would get lower. the thing was, it wasn't the case fans (they were very quiet), it was the heatsink fan. I also needed to lower the heat. I idle around 45C and up to 65C under load. and while gaming, it gets up to 67-70C. havent tested it beyond that. so I have two case fans that blow air out and the heatsink fan. I want to replace this heatsink fan. but I don't know which one to get. I have a pentium 4 530j. I think I need a 90mm fan...but I don't remember. I need some help on getting a cheap one (25 or less) that is quiet. or if anyone has any advice on what I need to look for (since I don't know what type of fan I need).

Advertisements

neilp4453

neilp4453

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
also I have a p5gdc deluxe motherboard without onboard video