Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Factory restore

• Please log in to reply

ctwistedpair

ctwistedpair

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I cant restore to previous date. I get "no changes were made to your system" .
Is it possible to do a factory restore without the recovery disc? win xp

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Are you saying that you have no XP cd? If you have one, you could do an XP repair, or a parralel install for data recovery. What exactly is the problem you are hoping to circumvent with a restore option? There might be another way.

Johanna

ctwistedpair

ctwistedpair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried to install nero and the system crashed. I since have not been able access my cd rom. I also have no recovery cd. I cant do a system restore. I've tried in safe mode, but that won't work either. :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Uninstall Nero and the cd rom. Reboot. Reinstall the cd rom. Can you borrow a similar cd from a friend to run a scan?

Johanna

ctwistedpair

ctwistedpair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
nero now uninstalled uninstalled cd rom and rebooted I still get a no driver ! symbol in device manager. I tried installing a pcm slot cdrom, and It also displays the ! no driver error in device manager.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go to the manufacturer's site and grab the driver. Install it.

Johanna

ctwistedpair

ctwistedpair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ALAS...been there done that and it wont accept the driver. time forthe scrap heap