Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Prints only portions of a document...

• Please log in to reply

wjc05sti

wjc05sti

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone. I just registered to this forum today and I'm looking for some help. Just to let you know, I work at the Help Desk for a local company and I have about 2 years experience in the field.

On to the problem,
We have a user that prints out an Excel spread**** on paper size 11x17. She prints to a HP Laserjet 4V (4MB). As you know, the printer is really old. When she prints out the document, it prints out, but only portions of it. The top half of the spreadsheet will print, than the last half will be missing, and the very bottom the totals are present.

An example of how it prints:

Data Data Data Data
Data Data Data Data
Data Data Data Data
missing data missing
missing data missing
Totals Totals Totals

Before printing, if you look at the Print Preview, it shows that the entire document will print. Looking in Page Break View, it also shows that everything is selected.

I have tried printing the same document from my computer (Office 2003) and it prints fine, but printing from another Help Desk's guys identical pc, it prints out the same way as the user. The user has Office XP.

Printing to a new Xerox 535 printer/copier from the user's PC prints out perfectly fine.

I would appreciate any help. I have spent many, many hours looking for the solution, but there is nothing out there. I found a site that sated the same problem and the solution was to add more memory to the printer. I added as much memory to the printer as it would take, the problem still persist.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its a bug betwwen office xp and the printer. make sure they have all the office updates applied (sp3 for office xp). if that doesn't work then upgrade her to office 2003.

wjc05sti

wjc05sti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The machines hall all been updated. I'm testing with two users that print out the same document. They both have the same version of Office XP. One can print the document just fine, but the other user has the problem. They both print the same document to the same printer. My logic is that it cannot be the printer because if it were so, then everyone would have the same problem. Also, if it were Excel, then printing to the Xerox printer would produce the same error, but it does not. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled office and the same problem persist.