Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Exchange 2003 User Storage Limit

• Please log in to reply

brk2000

brk2000

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have a user who had a user storage limit set for their mailbox. They went to send an email and received a message that they had exceeded their storage limit. I went and removed the storgage limit and set it to the default size. The user is still receiving the same message that they have exceeded their storage limit. Their mailbox is well below the majority of most other users sizes that are not having any issues. The user is running Outlook 2000 and we are running Microsoft Exchange 20003 on our server. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by brk2000, 23 September 2005 - 12:54 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
have they completely shutdown outlook and checked task manager to make sure its closed? restart outlook to see if it that resolves the issue. Just remember anything under the inbox and sent items all counts towards the quota.

if that doesn't work then they may have a corrupted profile on the server. it may have to be deleted and recreated.

brk2000

brk2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Starjax,

I had already completely rebooted the user's computer twice. So, I had read a few places that recommended emptying the "Deleted Items" folder. I did this and the user was able to successfully send messages again.

Thanks for your suggestions and prompt response.