Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Your very own chance to say here what...

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Small request form me here then, please keeps the number of your ideas to about three, please also explain why to each unless it is obvious,

I would like all apps to show up in the appwiz.cpl, and where needed that they could be removed by it too, since I believe Microsoft licence agreement could be strengthend far more easily than government sipulation here.

I would like to begin to use voice commands and responses, since I am fed up with the screen/keyboard/mouse triangle for everything. I believe then it will have a greater chance to assist everyone and everywhere.

Who's next then.

Edited by fleamailman, 23 September 2005 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

We have a Windows Vista Forum here at GeekstoGo, where you can find information about the OS, as well as talk about it.

See the forum here

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Justine, my fault again, many thanks, I think I am missunderstood here as I was just looking to see what other people would like from their computers in the future, using the next windows os as a platform, so seeing that you have thought I meant Vista's direct improvement, I'll just say clearly here that I did not have vista in mind when writing this thread, it is just that I would very much like to know what people would like in future os. Rather like asking how they would like to change their garden next year, nothing more.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
No problem at all =)

I was just pointing out the Vista Forum :)

Id like an OS that doesnt have a lot of security holes :tazz:

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
I want the bloat taken out.

I don't need translucent colored boxes when I'm selecting multiple things and I don't need 3D, edge-smooted icons and fonts and I don't need animated animals helping me through wizards.

Just give me a functional system. 3 toned header bars to windows are neat, but unnecessary. Active Desktops, ditto.

I'm not complaining about Microsoft, I just think that they put too much time and effort into making it look pretty. I was always fine with how 98 looked.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
See while i like a simple desktop(sometimes), I do enjoy the finer things all the nice bits of polish and if you have a PC that can run them without a second thought why not have them. People complain about the Vista system requirements being too high but it is desgined with the way computers are going. The near future of computers is going to be very exciting multiple dedicated processing units(x-fi and physx are some current examples of this emerging) multi core cpus above 5 cores very high speed ram to what we are used to. Monitors capable of 3D display(Out in Japan coming next year) and the gfx cards two generations ahead of current ones are pretty tasty lookin.