Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDD Problems!

• Please log in to reply

Adzi

Adzi

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
My 80gb (2mb cache) HDD was filling up fast with all my recent photo's for projects, so i put a new 160gb seagate HDD with 8mb cache (both 7200rpm) im just wondering, is it more hassle than its worth copying all files over to my new 160gb and making my 80gb the slave or should I just leave it as the 80gb as primary and the 160gb slave. Your help will be much appreciated, also i need help with this topic still :tazz:

Adam

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Unless you have some compelling reason to make that change, I suggest leaving the 80G as your primary boot drive and the 160 G as slave. Move those photo projects to the other drive to give more room on the 80 G master.

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, Thanks :tazz: As it happens i managed somehow to aquire corrupt RAM and a graphics card fault so im having to rectify those probelsm, luckily covered by warrenty :)