Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen completely white - need help

• Please log in to reply

SINK

SINK

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am trying to fix an old computer.

Amd athlon 1.3 ghz
NVidia GeForce 256 32mb
512 sdram

running xp home edition sp2

Everything was working fine until about a week ago. Now when I start it up somtimes all I see is a white screen, other times it boots up as normal. When i sse the white screen it makes all the normal boot up sounds of the hard drive running and cd drives running etc.,and the screen flashes on and off but all it shows is a blankwhite screen.
Can someone please help and point me in the direction of getting a fix.

I'm using a pretty cheap LCD screen - maybe this is the problem? dunno!

Edited by SINK, 23 September 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

I'm not an expert on LCD screens by a long way but it sounds like there is a dodgy connection somewhere on the data cable inside the monitor.
That said, just to eliminate the obvious, try checking the connections on the external data cable (i.e the one that connects the video card to the monitor). If this checks out ok, then its probably a loose connection with the data cable inside the monitor itself.