Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hurricane update

• Please log in to reply

la32301

la32301

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
:tazz:

OKAY!!!!!

I, along with my family, are okay. I was evacuated because of Hurricane Rita. :)

Anyway, we have some family out of town and are doing well. I will try to let everyone know how things turn out.

Thank you for any prayers, novenas, etc.

Please keep those in the path of this storm and the refugees from Katrina in your thoughts and prayers. :)

Regards,

la32301 :)

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Will do,I wish everyone the best :tazz:

I hope you dont mind if I post some other stuff related to the storm :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9389157/

Even before the storm hit shore it was creating havoc: As many as 24 people were killed when a bus carrying evacuees from a Houston retirement home burst into flames.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9449949/

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
That's horrible.. Rita is now stronger than Katrina was. :tazz:

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
OMG it's so bad thing :tazz:

I hope all the best..

la32301

la32301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello all,

Just an update. Water is rising in my home town. My grandparents and 'in-laws lost everything according to the reports, but we can't get in yet to confirm.

Everyone is alive, and stuff is just stuff.:tazz:

We can't go back until at least Sunday night or Monday. I will give a full report then.

Thank you for your concern.

la32301

la32301

la32301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
:) Hello again

Some bad news. Just found out that all of the stuff I got for my GeekU training (downloads etc) were desimated. Computer is gone. Transformer blew.

Oh well. I will have to start over with the stuff, but I havn't lost the knowledge I gained by reading and observing.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

la32301 :tazz:

la32301

la32301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello again. :tazz:

I regretfully remove myself from GeekU until further notice. Although my wife and I did not sustain any damage to our home or belongings, her parents, grandparents, and several other family members lost everything.

My efforts will be focused on them for the time being. This will take all the time I was going to use to study and learn.

Thank you for everything ya'll have done for me. I have not given up, but these other things have become my priority.

When I return, if my handle is not taken, I will return as la32301. Should it be taken, I will let the powers-that-be who I am.

Again, thank you.

Sincerest Gratitude,

la32301

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Per your request, I have removed you from Geek U. We will be here when you get back, just let me know and Ill reinstate you.

Good luck to you and I hope for the best for your relatives.

ScHwErV :tazz: