Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening a File

• Please log in to reply

zerubbabel

zerubbabel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
My friend has just sent me the details of how to get to the holiday villa, where we plan to meet for a holiday next month. October
I downloaded the attachment, but I cannot open it! My pc tells me ''cannot load Word for Windows 6.0 files''

No matter wher I choose to save the file, when I try to open it the message is the same? :tazz:

I have Windows XP

Regards

Z

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

zerubbabel

zerubbabel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Try here

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

View Post

It took 3 attempts to get the page. First two copy and paste, were given the ''no such page'' although I had a choice of things brought up. Not what I wanted.

3rd attempt copy and paste, and we were there. Download!! Files opened up. I have also been able to open a number of files dormant for years on my pc with same problem, but did not want to delete them they contained so much work.

Now I can read then again :tazz:

Thanks Keith. Go to the top of the class

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know