Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't connect to wireless router

• Please log in to reply

AlyK620

AlyK620

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi I'm writing for my brother's computer. His computer (PC w/ Windows XP) lists his wireless connection as being present, but his computer won't connect to it. Any suggestions? He's tried rebooting the wireless router with no luck.

Thanks.

Advertisements

chuunarusamurai

chuunarusamurai

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I got the same exact problem, except my wireless adapter dont detect my wireless router! plz help us!

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
First of all, what type of internet connection do you have? Cable or ADSL? And what make of router and wireless adapter do you have?

If you do know, then you should have bought a compatible router since you can get 2 types. Also, make sure you have a compatible wireless adapter/card with the router.

have you installed the wireless adpater and set up the router as instructed by the manufacturer? Remember you need software to run your hardware.

When you reset your router, make sure you turn everything off first then turn it on in this order:

1. Router
2. Modem
3. Hold down the reset button on the router for 3 seconds and let go.
4. Turn on your pc.