Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

heatsink/fan help

• Please log in to reply

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
ok..so I was getting mad the my p4. the noise was unbearable. I had the case fan and a stock heatsink fan. I thought if I bought a new case fan, the noise would get lower. the thing was, it wasn't the case fans (they were very quiet), it was the heatsink fan. I also needed to lower the heat. I idle around 45C and up to 65C under load. and while gaming, it gets up to 67-70C. havent tested it beyond that. so I have two case fans that blow air out and the heatsink fan. I want to replace this heatsink fan. but I don't know which one to get. I have a pentium 4 530j. I think I need a 90mm fan...but I don't remember. I need some help on getting a cheap one (25 or less) that is quiet. or if anyone has any advice on what I need to look for (since I don't know what type of fan I need). i also have p5gdc deluxe motherboard (without onboard video). basically, I need help with the fan size and which fan to get. I want a fan that is quieter then the stock one and better at cooling. I am uing paste, but never compared it to the stock graphite pad.

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
You need a socket T aka LGA 775 HSF. same as me. dont go cheap cuz that screwed me over the one i have right now doesnt mount right and i have my cpu underclocked with a FSB of 100 with a 15 multiplier so its runnin at half capacity but i know what ur goin through. i didnt even attempt with a stock HSF but the one i bought blows too, it was only 15 bucks, you get what you pay for. so spend like 30 or 40 bucks and i think ull be happy.

Lion

Edited by heartofalion28, 26 September 2005 - 07:58 AM.

neilp4453

neilp4453

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
you know a good one?

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
not yet i am trying to pick out a new one for me. Whats your price range?

Lion

neilp4453

neilp4453

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i was hoping 20dollars would do it..I guess 20-30. all I am looking for is less noise and so my temp. don't shoot from 40 to 60 in a matter of seconds of doing something.

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
ah well then check out newegg umm heres the link http://www.newegg.co...Submit=Property

From there choose your weapon of choice all of those should fir ur mobo.

Lion