Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SpywareGuard removal

• Please log in to reply

CleveC4

CleveC4

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
[COLOR=orange][B] :tazz: I am trying to uninstall SpywareGuard from my pc and everytime I do, I get an error message saying that the path does not exist. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Is spywareguard still on your computer ?

it sounds like it is already uninstalled

CleveC4

CleveC4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I did uninstall but when i try to remove it from my add and remove programs list, it says dll.protect cannot be removed.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
reinstall it and then use add/remove to remove it (how did you remove it in the first place--sounds like you just deleted the folder, then tried to remove the setting from add/remove)

CleveC4

CleveC4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I actually uninstalled it from my add-remove list first but I noticed the folder was still in my program files list and tried removing it but I got an error message saying dll.protect cannot be deleted because it is write protected. I want it removed simply because it conflicts with my Norton Anti-Virus.