Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My domain user cann't log on!

• Please log in to reply

redwave250443

redwave250443

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I reinstalled my computer. As before, I added my machine to a domain and installed a few softwares on this mcahine. However, I was confused that using administrator account could log into the local mcahine but not using a domain user.

After typing domain username and password, then press ENTER, Windows desktop appeared promptly, but when a few startup programe ran for a very short time, the computer flashed with blue screen, then it started to restart immediately. But if I log into the computer with local machine accout such as administrator, the computer could run well and the blue screen wouldn't happen.

Additionally, if log into the machine with a domain user unpluging cable, I could enter Windows well.

Why? Does Anyone know it? Thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

and installed a few softwares on this mcahine....

View Post

This is usually the result of a program that accesses domain resources failing...when logged on locally or disconnected from the domain, the program does not initiate and the problem goes away.

Your solution is to uninstall the application in local mode and contact the software provider

(this sounds like a network + test question)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i think it was number 12 on mine net+ test gerry