Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet BlackOuts

• Please log in to reply

KingLoneStar

KingLoneStar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, i just purchased a brand new Computer less then three months ago. My computer is directly connected to a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4ghz modem. In the past week alone my computer has done nothing but keep losing connection to the internet. The only new program I've downloaded is I-Tunes becuase of m new I-Pod. Ever since that I lose connection to the internet whenever i try to download any large podcasts. I thought it may have been I-Tunes, but recently when i try to view videos in Internet Explorer or pages with alot of Java or Files my internet cuts out everytime!

Now, i tried diconnecting my connection to the router and moved it directly to my modem. Then i get the message that my bandwith is so high that my internet connection may cut out. Now, it's not like i'm running a server or some crazy amount of uploading or downloading is done, but something is making my internet disconnect all the time. I've run spyware detectors the two best out there and i've gotten almost three virus scans. All came up with nothing. Any thoughts out there of what may be causing the problem or if its time for me to be making a call to my local service provider.

Oh yeah, i also am running a Cable Modem and the router has only this computer connected to it and one computer using the wireless internet.

Advertisements