Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COM+ error

• Please log in to reply

lisa65

lisa65

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, hope I've posted this in the right place and that you can help me.
The other day I had a message that my primary hard drive had failed. I switched off and on again and it booted up fine. This morning though it was making some awful clonking noises and didn't want to start up. In the system error section it had

"A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure: SUCCEEDED(hr) Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805 FC79235} Server Application Instance ID: {5897422C-D018-4AE5-9C35- 1EEDD928D656} Server Application Name: System Application The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate. Error Code = 0x8000ffff : Catastrophic failure COM+ Services Internals Information: File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\comsv cs\tracker\trksvr\trksvrimpl.c pp, Line: 3000 Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.258 shp"

Can anyone help shed any light, is it an imminent hard drive failure?

Thanks for any help
Lisa

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi lisa65...Welcome to G2G!

it was making some awful clonking noises and didn't want to start up

The above statement in cunjunction with the error messages you've been getting, would likely point to a HDD failure in progress. Now would be a good time to get your important data onto other media.

A hard drive that is operating properly makes nearly no sound at all.

wannabe1