Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 demo Problems

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

I have just installed Battlefield 2 in the last 10 minute of writing this, I have installed it and evrything ok but when I try starting it up the screen goes black then it sends me back to the desktop and I then I open task man and theres nothing there so the game itsn't crashing it's just not working :tazz:

What can I do about this? Because I want to play it so bad and I'm getting the full thing soon just wanted to see what it was like before I went out and got it. And if the dem doesn't work I wont be getting the full version (PC-DVD is the one I was planning on getting can't be arsed with all those pissing CD's)

Help me please :)

System spec:

Giga-byte GA-8IG1000-G
Intel P4 HT 3.2Ghz 1Mb L2 socket 478
2x corsair 512Mb Pc3200 DDR400
IDE 160Gb Maxtor harddrive
Intel extreme graphics 2 (using)
AGP 8x (noy using)

Is anyone needs a better spec just let me know

-Thanks, Chris-

Advertisements

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Video Card is your problem

I would at least go for a GeForce 5700 FX LE. prolly get a GeForce 6600 GT

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
First of all if you are interested in playing games you are going to need a graphics card.

That intel extreme integrated graphics will not play any of the new 3d games. For example the most that integrated will handle would be the old counterstrike game... Thats about the most 3d it can handle. There is new games coming out that you are going to need a decent card to even play them. You need to get in the future of gaming and get a 6800 gt or better. A graphics card makes your whole system run faster and in games.

A 5700 LE is old technology and that card blows. You could play unreal tournament 2004 with it. If you used a 5700 LE on farcry or Doom 3 it will look like crap. You would be getting 20 Fps max on doom3 and farcry with that and it is really choppy, I have seen this card in action.... My old geforce 3 ti 500 from way back in the day will blow away the 5700 LE for example...

Im here to help people and im going to tell them like it is.

I noticed you only have AGP 8X, you can only get up to a 6800 Ultra with that motherboard because the faster cards require a pci express slot.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yeah, I got your personnal message.

Well you answered my question, thank you again. But I thought I better let you know that ya I'm getting a new system in October and the spec is as follows:

Gigabyte K8NF-9 (see web site for full spec if you wish)
AMD Athln 64 3000+ venis core
Corsair 512Mb PC3200 CL2.5
Maxtor Plus 10 80Gb SATA HDD
PCI-E 16x XFX 6600GT extreme gamer edition
480w Antec True blue PSU
LG x16 dual layer DVD-RW
Floppy drive

Will that handle Battlefield 2? I know that it isn't looking to look very good, but again will it handle it?

That will be the most demanding game I will have because I don't know what 'Need for speed most wanted' will need yet so thanks again.

I'm all ways here if you need me for anything.

(lol *jrm20 is thinking* as if!  :tazz: )

That system will be able to run Bf2 yes, at medium settings. I recommend upgrading the memory to atleast 1gb of ram. Since its a new system see if you can scrounge up some money and buy a faster video card. That should be it.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Actually, my 5700 FX LE runs Doom 3 on medium settings at 60 FPS. Sorry I cant afford better, im 14 and cant get a job. I am gettin a 6200 or 6600 soon.