Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Won't install

• Please log in to reply

Drezz

Drezz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello everyone,

Here is the problem:

First of all I bought and installed the game, all was going well but then after a few weeks I started getting the "Memory.dll: sanity check..." error when every game was loading so I re-installed the game and it worked again but then after another few weeks I got the same sanity check error so as before I tried to re-install the game but this time when I tried to install I got this error "Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning". I contacted EA and they told me to check that the game was properly uninstalled which I did but nothing changed so I tried manually installing the game but as the files were being copied-pasted onto my hard drive I got this error: "Cannot copy data2: Data error (cyclic redundancy test)"

Please help!

Advertisements

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
For a forum with so many members, people are very reluctant to post... =/

Edited by Drezz, 24 September 2005 - 11:44 AM.

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
what are the specs of your comp?

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
3.0Ghz P4
2Gb of 3200 RAM
Radeon 9800XT
MSI 875P Neo-LSR Motherboard

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hmmm... thats weird because i have a gig of ram and a radeon 9800 pro and i can run battlefield 2, and battlefield 2 requires a 256mb card and i only have a 128

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

hmmm... thats weird because i have a gig of ram and a radeon 9800 pro and i can run battlefield 2, and battlefield 2 requires a 256mb card and i only have a 128

View Post

I have no idea what is wrong with it

It was working perfectly fine... then all of a sudden it won't re-install :tazz:

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
have u went to google and put those errors in and stuff? cause u might find your problem there. im not a big computer "geek" i just play games lol and when stuff goes wrong i go here for help cause they usually always know what to do... but lately they have been backed up cause i havent had some of my posts answerd for 2 weeks... some how someway they answer it

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

have u went to google and put those errors in and stuff? cause u might find your problem there. im not a big computer "geek" i just play games lol and when stuff goes wrong i go here for help cause they usually always know what to do... but lately they have been backed up cause i havent had some of my posts answerd for 2 weeks... some how someway they answer it

View Post

Lol I know how you feel, trying to get help on this forum is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

But yea I have checked google

Edited by Drezz, 25 September 2005 - 09:28 AM.

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
thats pretty weird ive never heard of anything like that... i dont know how thats even possible cause u have a better computer than i do...

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
have u checked any other related posts on here?

Advertisements

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

thats pretty weird ive never heard of anything like that... i dont know how thats even possible cause u have a better computer than i do...

View Post

... well thanks anyway, at least you said something :tazz:

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
lol np ummm if u ever get bf2 working my Xfire is scottiegstring... do you play americas army?

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Cool,

I play all the armies and my ingame name is (~Mr-$harky~)

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
cool my in game name is ScottieG[RAM] and if u want to talk to like me or my clan or even join it our website is www.ram.clanservers.com...

Drezz

Drezz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks, I will do that.... if I ever manage to get on the game again :tazz: