Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply

Hockeymotocross07

Hockeymotocross07

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have an HP laptop 512 mb ram, 1.3 mobile amd, 60 gb hd. I have had this computer for a while and it never froze. As of about three days ago it has started to freeze every now and then. It freezes when i am just doing Microsoft word. So I dont think it is because I am running too many programs. I have ran Norton full scan, spybot, Adaware SE personal and Regscrub XP. I also defragmented my HD. PLease help me fix the problem. Thanks a lot.
Brad

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Download Motherboard Monitor and keep an eye on your temps. See if the freezes have any relationship to any heat spikes.
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Johanna

Hockeymotocross07

Hockeymotocross07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have downloaded and installed it. My Laptop doesnt get too hot though bc I have a heat pad with fans on it.