Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

FileZilla won't upload files?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm using FileZilla for the first time, and am pretty frustrated. I was able to upload my index.html page with no problem, but now every other file I try to upload simply won't go. A filename is created on my server, with 0 MB, and I keep getting a repetitive box asking me if I want to overwrite, etc. etc. I select yes, and again nothing happens then the box pops back up. I keep hearing that filezilla is excellent, and the program I'm currently using is slow as molasses, so if anyone could help me figure this out I'd be very grateful. I use Windows XP.

Thank you,

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Maybe it's a problem with your connection? I've never used FileZilla nor have this happen to me on any other FTP softwares. Try disconnecting it delet those existing files when you reconnect and upload everything again.