Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with MS Office Equation Editor 3.0

• Please log in to reply

perple

perple

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I really need help with this problem. I am taking an on-line math class. I never used Equation Editor before. Now I have to. I have a HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop. I have MS Office Student and Teacher Edition which I loaded after I purchase the Laptop. Here is the problem: we have to complete Math work using Equation Editor. Whenever I download a Word document from my classroom, the equations appear in Wingding Type. If I double click them, and then click off the equations, they appear in a different form, but still incorrect (minus and division operators BOTH appear as a black, solid square. They print that way, too.). If I submit work, everyone else has to do the same to see the equation, but THEY can see the actual equation as it should appear. This is becoming a problem that may doom me. Can anyone help? I'm the only one in class with this problem. I have a fairly standard setup, no exceptional software, and don't have a clue. I've verified my EE settings with other students and they are the same. Thanks!

Advertisements