Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer

• Please log in to reply

SadieO

SadieO

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: At someone's recommendation, last week I deleted my cookies, files and history on my Internet Explorer. In addition, I subscribed to MacAfee firewall. Since then, I cannot access subscription websites, such as eHarmony or eBay. I have gotten updates on all the service packs, etc from Microsoft, disabled the firewall, & still it does not work. Interestingly, I can still access sites such as CNN and Drudge Report.

What should I do? Any help would be appreciated. I assume I deleted some cookies that I needed.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you tried logging in again?

Johanna

SadieO

SadieO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes, I have rebooted, etc. Strangely, I just downloaded a new browser (I think it's called Foxfire) recommended by a user on this website & the same thing still happens. When downloading, it asked if I wanted to transfer the settings from Internet Explorer and I said no...assuming that my Explorer settings were the problem.

Any ideas?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
On the websites that you are a member of, do they have a place to enter your user name and password? Did you receive emails that told you how to enter the "members only" area when you signed up?

Johanna

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
If your MacAfee firewall is a new addition, check its settings to see if it's not blocking all cookies. This is usually under privacy settings.

I prefer zonelabs myself, its free! :tazz: