Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accessories Missing (RESOLVED!)

• Please log in to reply

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Yesterday, out of the blue, I tried to use wordpad and the accessories catagory in my programs list is GONE! I cannot find any of the contents or programs ex. Wordpad, Notepad, Paint, Calculator, etc. I know they are not that important but I like to use wordpad to paste important info onto while I am doing something ie. searching for a link or for information for someone on here who needs help, or solving a problem for myself. I am running XP home SP2 if that helps.
IF anyone knows what might have happened or how I could get it back I would be forever in thier debt :tazz: because I'm totally baffled.

Edited by cjh1221, 28 September 2005 - 06:06 PM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Open the following M$-TechNet article:
http://support.micro...;307894&sd=tech
Follow the steps in the "To Add a Windows XP Component" section there.
For Step4 of the section, click Accessories & Utilities and then click Details now enable(check) the Accessories component. Click Ok. And then go and follow on from Step5 in the section.

cjh1221

cjh1221

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Worked like a charm! TY