Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Device Installer Error" message..HELP

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Then the only thing to make a difference to this is the updated installer, if you have the inclination, clean install the software

Advertisements

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
there was nothing to install. I had everything.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is that when you checked the camera software

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
yes

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I can only suggest you remove the camera software, use Tune Up 2006 to check things

http://fileforum.bet...06/1054599376/1

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag which needs a reboot, after the reboot, run XP Defragmenter then re-install the camera software

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Ok, well thank you very much for the help . I will try what you said but I'm very sleep, so I'll do it tommorow. Thanks once again.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I am hoping there was something wrong with Windows Installer or obsolete software which was interferring with this.

Hope it goes well

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I tried all that stuff you told me to do and it didn't work . Here is a picture I took of the device manager, maybe it might help somehow. This is taken when the camera was plugged into the computer. http://img.photobuck...ct05/screen.jpg

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click either of the devices with the exclamation mark, then click properties, the general tab will have a box with a code number

Can you post this

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
the first one is CODE 1
the second one is also CODE 1 ,
btw each time I click properties on either of those, the DEVICE INSTALLER ERROR message appears again, and i ahve to click OK, then it takes me to the properties

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Code 1
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. If that doesn't work, see your hardware documentation for more information.

Solution button: Update Driver

This code means that the system has not had a chance to configure the device. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions in the Device Status box. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard from Control Panel.

FROM HERE

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;125174

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
when I click reinstall driver it won't let me because the DEVICE INSTALLER ERROR message comes up again

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does the device status give any clue

Can you unistall it (again :tazz: ) then load the CD, cancel it when it say about installing, then click start, control panel, add / remove then use this to install it

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
The device status does not give any clue. Im currently installing the driver files the way you told me too.. Its taking a while but it soundslike its doing it, says REGISTERING FILES...PLEASE WAIT

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Maybe Windows will recognise it uses its own system

I would give the " WAIT " as long as you can, Business Contact Manager stays like this for 20 mins