Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98 on Compaq 2286

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
See if you can delete it. If you can't, we'll use it for setup.

Advertisements

NissanSkylineGTR98

NissanSkylineGTR98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok, i just managed to delete that last partition, now it says i have to restart the comp, after i restart i can follow the guide for the rest right?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
NissanSkylineGTR98...

Yes, you should be able to follow the guide from here beginning at step 5. The only place you may have a problem is formatting from the cd. If you have problems with anything...post back.

It's getting late here, though...getting to the point where bed is sounding pretty good.....

Let me know how you do...

wannabe1

NissanSkylineGTR98

NissanSkylineGTR98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
one quick question, now that ive deleted the partitions, could i just reboot with the compaq quick restore cd in? i mean now that the partitions are gone does that mean the space on my harddrives has been freed up to the extent that i could copy the factory image onto the hard drive? if not i think i'll call it a night shortly as its just after 4am :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Give it a try. The only thing that might stop you would be the formatting...the HDD is not yet formatted. Try it! If it doesn't work, tomorrow you'll get to learn how to format the old fashioned way! :tazz:

wannabe1

NissanSkylineGTR98

NissanSkylineGTR98

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
alright man, thanks a million for the help so far, i think im gonna call it a night, i'll get back to you tomorrow about how it went! thanks again! and have a good night!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hey NissanSkylineGTR98....

Thanks for the PM letting me know that everything went so well! Glad I was able to help!! :tazz:

wannabe1